PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - That's no way to treat a lady - the Boeing 787 Display at Farnborough
Old 21st Jul 2014, 03:45
PerAsperaAdAstra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure this was practiced in the sim and was carefully worked out. But one cannot help but think of the Czar 52 and C17 incident. In the C17 incident he had got away with it a few times, but wind conditions can play a part? Rolling with spoiler is also basically stalling the wing, it needs a moment to recover on rollout, that poor C17 did it's best, despite the spoilers almost continuosly extending and retracting as it was brutalised around the routine, untill she finally said, stuff this for a lark. I haven't flown anything that heavy, (25 years military, now civil) I'm sure with min fuel and the kind of power from those engines it will handle like a fighter. Birdstrike with resultant engine thrust loss at those speeds/flight attitudes? Is it worth it? Maybe is, to put one over on Airbus. I admit as a passenger I've always felt better (rightly/wrongly) flying with Mr Boeing who has pilots at the controls with the computers looking over their shoulder, compared to the competition, who have the computer at the controls with the pilot anxiously looking over it's shoulder.