PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GV recurrent
Thread: GV recurrent
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2014, 15:00
Obama57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"This suggestion to go to GV initial at CAE (at any location) will provide you the lowest cost, and lowest learning option. If you then get into a G450 or G550, you will be clueless.... "

"A G550 initial is a far, far superior option, and FSI is a far far superior option. "

As I accomplished my G550 initial in SAV, I cannot agree with your assessment. Ground school was good, but my Army helo instructors left a lot to be desired. More recent recurrent training in SAV has been generally good, but no better than my last recurrent at CAE Dallas.

"Last I checked, CAE does not have a G550 initial book, and doesn't have the relationship with Gulfstream, so they are left to play catch up when Gulfstream desires you to operate in a specific manner... You may wish to think about this. "

Not true, CAE has had G450/550 initial in Morristown for some time and in Dallas since March.

Re "Gulfstream desires you to operate in a specific manner..."

I would think the QRH, AFM, and AOM, published by Gulfstream and available to all operators would be the same. I don't believe there is a FS specific operating manual.

"Sure, the G550 / FSI option is higher cost, but what is your reputation worth? Will you ever get a second chance if you look like a lump?"

We all have our opinions, I respectfully disagree with yours. Cheers