PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC155 incident, SNS, 6 Nov 2013
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2014, 15:25
Boudreaux Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would seem that some Hat Size's need to be re-aligned. I do not refer to HC and DB per se but rather at the Industry which tolerates, condones, ignores, or in any way countenances such Turf Protection and Empire Building.

The aircraft in question is the EC-225.

HC and DB both have extensive experience in that particular type of aircraft and we see a marked difference in their views on the "Only" way to fly the machine.

Knowing both of them, they are quite secure in their individual beliefs.

The question I pose to both of them and the audience in general is "How do we arrive at an Industry Best Practice for flying the 225 (in this case) and each aircraft type used by each of the Operators in similar tasking?

We have to consider the various Authorities impose different standards and rules on Operators depending upon what locale the aircraft are being flown.

What does not change is the OEM and its views on the operation of their Aircraft, and the ultimate goal which should be achieving the safest and most appropriate use of the the Aircraft systems.

Plainly, it requires compromise by everyone involved and that means being "honest" and "forthright" when discussing issues.

Is that possible in light of the announced need to do so?

I would suggest DB and HC attempt to do so and see how it turns out.

Lord knows if they can then there is Hope for the Industry writ large.