PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK DEFO A380 requirements
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2014, 10:56
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two things. £7000? You really are working on lowest numbers for that. Even so, that's net with no mortgage or bills to to pay. That's a good disposable income. I used the housing allowance as I live out, therefore that's cash in my pocket. The option is there.

Secondly, I used an average exchange rate of 6. There will always be an element of risk and variation in currency fluctuations, that's the nature of being paid in dirhams. That's why I quoted dollars as well as sterling, the former remaining constant. It's also why I didn't include the 1800 dhs I got last month in ERP. If you want to debate the strong pound, is it not fair to include ERP too? Medical contributions for medical/dental cover for family of four is cheap for what you get. Unless you live in Cuba!

I guess how you view the salary package depends on your own circumstances and expectations. What I will say is that a mate of mine in BA is a trainer on the BA744. He's been there 24 years and takes home on average £9500. Out of that he has to pay his mortgage and his two children's school fees, bills, numerous hidden taxes too as well as put expensive petrol in his car for the 90 minute drive to work. Living near to LHR in the nicer areas is too expensive. Yes he has a final salary and no he doesn't work 92 hours a month. He does about 83-85 to make CAP. He too has some fairly dull trips.

I've done half the time here as he's done in BA. I earn more than him every month and I don't train. I consider that a decent salary whichever way you look at it.

Done with this now. Some people will always be half pint empties whatever is debated.

Harry

Last edited by harry the cod; 19th Jul 2014 at 11:18.