PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2014, 10:18
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
June International route analysis

fivejuliet

Don't really know what to say other than they are provisional.

The service is double daily therefore 120 movements. The SBS log I use doesn't show any inbound cancellations although there could be outbound ones but not more than one or two.

Therefore the average pax figure is correct based on the CAA figures and the SBS log. However I have made a bit of howler with the load factor as it is 60% and not 66%.

The service is all ATR42 except for the Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evening. However an ATR72 operated some mornings making the total ATR72 rotations 38 and ATR42 82. Total seats available 6672.

ATNotts

I was looking to go to New York in April and the BHX-SNN-JFK was consistantly coming out as one the cheapest routings unfortunately I was living in cloud-cuckoo land and basing my memories on 2012 prices and missed the reasonable fares expecting something better to come along - I ended up in Florence on flybe .

Ironically Ryanair slashed capacity on BHX-DUB in June with Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday halved so it could have been a lot better.

Here are the 2013 annual figures

Dublin 560059
Dubai 499573
Amsterdam 459701
Paris CDG 365697

July Figures

Unusual year with Thomas Cook and Thomson adding virtually nothing to high-season. The 788 will add a few more seats to long-haul but other than that only Monarch with their night flights, Balkan Holidays, the flybe night-flights and extra mid-week French routes add to capacity although the latter really only replace business frequncies.

Turkish have the 321 operating today (and yesterday) and Aegean Athens tonight is upgraded to the 321 but other than that very little. The million pax figure should be easily passed based on flybe's increase over 2013 and Monarch operating 7 A321's compared to 4 last year.

Air India

The only surprise in respect of June was how low it was - it was always going to struggle (start of the monsoon season). Very noticeable how close AI113 was to MH17 on Thursday I bet that shook the crew up when they found out.

Pete