PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it legal?
Thread: Is it legal?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2014, 10:13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange then that some EU governments totally disagree with your opinion mixture (and that is all you have posted, opinions with no links to actual legislation showing that viewing streamed content is illegal.)

With the controversy storming on the question was posed to the German Government and the Ministry of Justice has just delivered its opinion. The Ministry concludes that the mere viewing of a copyrighted stream without permission is not in itself an act of copyright infringement.
Viewing Pirated Streams is Not Illegal, German Government Says » infojustice

"The simple answer is to stream out is illegal but receiving the streaming video is likely legal," district prosecutor Hakan Rasmusson told Swedish Radio News.
Prosecutors examine legality of online streaming - Radio Sweden | Sveriges Radio

I suspect you will also find that the whole idea behind more recent national legislation and EU directives such as Directive 2001/29 from above is to spell this whole nonsense out to people like yourself who think they can do what they like because they are "just viewing".
So I will ask again.
Can you please link to this legislation showing that viewing copyrighted material from an unauthorised source is illegal.
It is the legal aspect I'm interested in, not the moral one.