PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Sacking Tarmac Engineers
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2014, 08:00
bmam7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am but a mere passenger but it's heartbreaking to see what is happening at QF these days. I am one of those who prefer to fly with the kangaroo and do at at my own cost, not like some of the Platinum wankers on another site who complain if they don't get their glass of orange juice in time.

I will be flying to Europe in November but, alas, because of the weird decision by QF to give nearly everything away to EK, I am only on three QF legs, BNE/SIN, SIN/MEL and MEL/BNE. The rest is with EK as that is the only way I can get to where I am going. Next year I again fly to Europe but as I want to go via HKG, I've chosen CX because, of course, there is not even a codeshare with QF from HKG to CDG - there used to be before the Irish git decided that EK was the way to go.

I try and fly QF as much as I can, as I said, but that is becoming more and more of a domestic arrangement than international. The quicker those b**** get the chop the better, but the institutional investors seem happy so nothing ever happens.

I should add that when I am on QF, I find the cabin crew to be some of the friendliest folks you could wish for. Also I feel very safe with the folks at the real pointy end - the flight crew.

Many thanks for a lot of enjoyable flying and my sincere hope that those of you in the firing line go on to bigger and better things.