PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Sacking Tarmac Engineers
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2014, 00:38
Ngineer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't believe what the management have done to the company. It's almost as if they are infiltrators from a competitor and sadly I no longer travel on the airline.
It is a shame that you no longer fly with the roo, maybe one day you may reconsider and return as a customer. Unfortunately you are not alone from what I have been told by other Aussie travellers like yourself. Incidents like MH17 show how differently other carriers run their operations to us, but with the amount of routes we fly dwindling then I guess not many Aussies have a choice to fly with us anymore,

Unfortunately, I feel, the problems lie in levels of management way beyond those we deal with. We recieve feedback from Engineering managmement that they try and talk us up to the exec levels, however the execs no longer trust us (and we don't trust them either). Occassionally it seems people are sent down from above to make sure we are not causing trouble during times of crisis. Those people who are sent to check up on us generally understand that we do the right thing and go about business as usual and in a very professional manner. They are just doing what they are told.

What I am trying to say is there is a massive disconnect between core ops workers and the upper levels of management. It seems to me they do not understand what we do (or how we operate). Resultantly there is not alot of trust in this place between us and them. That is just one of the very many problems we face.