PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett - Vol 3 - if allowed.
Old 8th May 2003, 19:55
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us all get something very straight and up front here.

I am no bleeding mother Theresa as mooted by lefty, nor am I looking for a feel good fix, as nearly all the memories of '89 are distressing as they no doubt for all of you. Feel good is a distant memory.

I take no sides, and am amazed and distressed at the level of hate that is left behind after a very nasty dispute, especially as it was engineered to destroy you all. It worked too damned well.

47 years ago I was born to a teacher mother and a TN LAME father. Santa arrived in VH-THA not a sleigh and I would fight anyone who said otherwise. I have wing walked DC4s and 6s as a seven year old in the Essendon hangars, watched TJA on her first arrival into Essendon with nothing but pride and amazement. I am afraid that I still feel that way every time I see a commercial airliner, followed immediately by a wave of loss.

I am and always will be an Airline brat and will not apologise for that. You can take the boy from the airport, but you can never take the airport from the boy.

You guys are professionals of the finest kind, and I thank you for allowing me an opinion in these places, but feel I have probably pushed too hard at something that I felt you should have back. Each other.

Leftfrontside, amos2 et al - please - take it as the attempts of one who cares and wishes he had the pre '89 industry back and a load sheet in his hand on a rainy night trying to reclaim a near perfect world. You are right. It has left the building.

My head is officially pulled in on this subject and thank you all for your tolerance - particularly Woomera who has been extremely tolerant partly due to the fact that you guys have debated fairly reasonably with the occasional slagfest. Well done all. It is an improvement.

Fly safe and visit Jetset DPO and say hello if you get the chance, you will enjoy the commercial airliner models on display if nothing else, and hopefully a couple of coldies too.

Best regards

EWL

Ron Knight