PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Set Pets
Thread: Jet Set Pets
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2003, 19:06
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Jet Set Pets

A friend sent me this, so am not sure of source but story was issued this morning, 8th May 2003. Basically, VS are seeking pax taking advantage of the change in quarantine regulations on pets.
=============

By mid-May, Virgin Atlantic will bring in "bone-us miles" and "frequent feline" services following the Government's introduction of its pet travel scheme, regulating the unquarantined entry of cats and dogs into the UK.

The Virgin pet service will initially operate on flights between Los
Angeles and Heathrow and could be extended to include the rest of America, Japan, Antigua and Barbados by January next year.

"On average 250 cats and dogs travel to the UK from the US each month and I hope that we will see this figure double as more airlines sign up to the scheme," Virgin chairman Sir Richard Branson said.

"As we expect some pets to be regular travellers with us we'll be introducing a special `pet miles' section of the airline's Flying Club to reward frequent flying animals.

"We are talking to a number of reward partners and hope to offer special treatments and pampering weekends - just like our flying club for human travellers."

Animals must also have a Pets certificate - or "pet passport" and not have travelled outside approved countries in the last six months.

Sir Richard added: "I am pleased to offer our passengers the chance to take their pets away with them on holiday or bring them back home after a period of living abroad."