PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2014, 09:55
TheChitterneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iRaven; well said.

You're most certainly correct in saying that were it not for the VGS being brought into line with other military platforms and how 'Airworthiness' is managed, the chances of Air Cadet Gliding continuing into the future were just about zero. I'm not in any way pointing fingers at anyone from within the previous regime; neither would it be appropriate to do so. During recent years, the business process of safely operating/managing aeroplanes has come along in great leaps and bounds and, painful as it might be for those who don't/didn't have a firm understanding of what the MAA are mandated to do, the VGS guys and gals will no doubt be sharing the pain that other military units have had to endure.

Some of the 'old school' may well be somewhat disgruntled by their outdated perceptions of 'Why change something which has proven to have worked well for the previous thirty years'... there's good reason for 'change' and not just for 'change sake'. As a direct result of the Afghanistan Nimrod incident, the Haddon Cave Report was instrumental in changing the way in which airworthiness was to be managed in the future. I wholly recommend that everyone within military aviation circles should take the time to read the report. It's a huge document and it's within the public domain, hence, I'll include the link here https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...29037/1025.pdf

Some pills are difficult to swallow, however, the prescribed medication should be taken in good faith.

Last edited by TheChitterneFlyer; 18th Jul 2014 at 10:07.