PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IN 2014-114 Procedures for Examiners Holding Part/FCL Certificates Issued by Countri
Old 18th Jul 2014, 06:58
this is my username

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IN 2014-114 Procedures for Examiners Holding Part/FCL Certificates Issued by Countri

Anyone looked at this one yet?

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Informa...ice2014114.pdf

I'm planning to do an FAA - EASA conversion at a non-UK ATO and have the licence issued by the UK CAA. Reading this IN it states:

"In all cases where a skill test is to be conducted for the initial issue of a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) or Instrument Rating (IR) (including a Competency Based’ IR (CB IR)) the examiner shall be selected and designated by the UK CAA."

Does anyone know if that rule only applies to UK-ATOs? As I understand it at present non-UK ATOs test under their national arrangements and (generally) nominate their own examiners. Does this IN change that?

I would rather have my licence issued direct by the UK CAA, but if this IN makes it impractical then I would have to get the licence issued by the local authority then change the state of licence issue to the UK. If I had to do that it would make a mockery of the red tape challenge!