PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetgo Blacklist
Thread: Jetgo Blacklist
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2014, 05:36
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Ah no.

If the applicant was over 65 then I would agree IF the operator was an international operator or predominantly an international operator.

For a domestic operator to try and rely upon that as a precedent would be an interesting move I would think, but then again I am not a lawyer.

The fact that they just had a bloke as another poster mentioned retire after a kazzilion years means that the the age 65 thing wasn't too big an issue for them.

As for giving the young uns a go, well I am not close to 60 yet, but I know that when I am I will still need to work well into my 60's to put my kids through school and uni (and no they are not a second family and no I don't have multiple ex wives to support). To have to pull the pin at 60-61 would be financially devastating for myself and my family. If I found myself looking for jobs at that age and got that sort of response I would be well bent out of shape as well. It is no different to saying we won't hire you because you are fat, ugly, Jewish, Christian, thetan or a girl.

Fair enough if there are better candidates, but to write someone off because you can only get 4 years out of them (which is debatable anyway) is well out of line in my opinion.

That all said it is a report on an internet site and may not be true!