PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetgo Blacklist
Thread: Jetgo Blacklist
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2014, 04:17
international hog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I rarely say anything here but after a conversation with one of my good mates in the last couple days I cant keep quiet now.

With all respect, I can appreciate that you have been in the industry and seen there and done that, now how about thinking about letting someone else have a go.

This week a mate of mine who has been at QF for nearly 15 years was displaced by about 300 people in front of where he was a mere month ago. He now reckons that his time to command has now blown out by another decade.

So let me guess you have now been passed over for an interview and you did not get the answer you expected. As Jetgo said in the other thread they have had over 500 applicants for a few jobs.

To be brutally honest, the way you have aired your dirt laundry here really smacks of nothing but sour grapes and an attitude and it is not any wonder that Jetgo have passed you by on this alone.

To the best of my knowledge jetgo have been more than prepared to give young and older people a go playing with their toys but I reckon it has to do with their attitude. There was even an article in AA about one of their captains retiring with after flying for 50+ years or something stupid, so to stomp your foot here saying i'm going to blacklist them and they are discriminating really has no leg to stand on

On Wednesday met a guy who has just started with them, lost his job with Brindy and now just landed his first jet job. He was stoked and bloody good luck to him.

Dude 10000 hours large jet time means that you have gotten out there and lived the lived the life its also a hell of a lot different to 1 hours sectors, half OCTA and humping bags like I have seen the the Jetgo guys do in Townsville.

Maybe they did not think you fit the mold of what they want, it is their train set after all not yours and having seen in the other thread that they are getting more jets and getting bigger, it really comes across as if you feel you deserved it not earnt it.