PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is "aviation expert" Peter Clark??
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2014, 03:06
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Full of the brown stuff

When I read in the Herald that he said "I'm led to believe that the [Malaysian] plane was deviating because of weather conditions," I knew he was crapping on blindly, and totally without accuracy, as I was about 300 miles south of MH17 on a parallel track across the Black Sea, FL330, at the same time and heard ATC calling on guard for MH17. The weather yesterday in the area was fine with a few CBs here and there, nothing that would require any more than 20NM off track. Another aircraft requested wx deviation but was told to go opposite to their request, because, and I quote ATC, "due to the shooting". We looked at each other but thought nothing of it, my own thoughts as we were south of Crimea was someone was lobbing artillery shells or there was a live fire Danger area activated.

And this pearler of enlightenment.....

"We spend millions of dollars on security and screening processes for the people down the back, and all these other things around aviation affect aviation safety. It's a tragedy for the industry,"
he said. Yes, SAM's do tend to have a negative affect on airline safety...

Why on earth the media can't find a retired Airline or military type that has actual aviation experience, I'll never know. His musings are an embarrassment to the industry.