PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2014, 02:59
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NX diagnosis: Gastric reflux or APH dining room e-co(a)li(tion)??

004:
My source tells me that Beaker has signed on for another two years as Chief Commissioner, confirmed. Heaven help us.
Maybe this disgusting, underhanded, bureaucratic morsel was what caused the good Senator Nick to suddenly bolt from the Senate Chamber on Wednesday and to have a sick note supplied on the Thursday, for it would be news that would cause any reasonable (man at the back of the room) person to want to vomit... : Hospital visit for ill Xenophon

Word is the good Senator has recovered and is back in the saddle......what may have hastened his recovery was the fact that not only was his MoP..
Senator XENOPHON (South Australia) (16:02): I move:
That the following matter be referred to the Standing Committee of Privileges for inquiry and report:
In the context of an inquiry by the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee into aviation accident investigations:
(a) whether disciplinary action was taken against either a witness before the committee or a person providing information to the committee; and
(b) if so, whether any contempt was committed in respect of those matters.
Question agreed to.
...flick passed to the Privileges Committee....but so to was the Heff & Sterle relayed pass eagerly accepted..
Senator McEWEN (South Australia—Opposition Whip in the Senate) (12:01): At the request of Senator Heffernan and Senator Sterle, I move:
(1) That the following matter be referred to the Committee of Privileges for inquiry and report:
In the context of an inquiry by the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee into aviation accident investigations and Budget estimates hearings of the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee in May 2013:
(a) whether disciplinary action was taken against either a witness before the committee or a person providing information to the committee; and
(b) if so, whether any contempt was committed in respect of those matters.
(2) That, for the purpose of providing further information to the Committee of Privileges, the Standing Committees on Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport have access to the records of the committee in the previous Parliament.
Question agreed to.
..in amongst the carbon tax repeal white noise...

If nothing else this years budget estimate ATSB hearings, the Senate and now the MoP x2 more than adequately display that the RRAT Committee Senators palpable anger and sheer contempt for Beaker has not dissipated with the passage of time...

If the 004 source of info be true, then I have no doubt that the unified (still angry) Senators will not let that miniscule decision slide through, unchecked and not commented on, especially with the TSBC peer review report still pending and now a Privileges Committee inquiry in tow....

MTF...

ps HMHB still exploring the FRMS Special Audit angle but as a matter of passing interest, I noticed that the ATsB have recently updated the "minor" safety issues. With what exactly I am not sure??

AO-2009-072-SI-01

{Comment: Interesting that although CAsA are still actioning this SI, that the ATsB have listed the SI as "closed"??}

AO-2009-072-SI-02

{Comment: Bullet point two Q/ What happened in between?? Did FF actually follow the former HF expert considered opinion that PelAir be bumped back to CAO 48.0 until the reactive culture and certain individuals were replaced or ???}