PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetgo Blacklist
Thread: Jetgo Blacklist
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2014, 01:55
why panic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetgo Blacklist

Jetgo Blacklist

I applied to Jetgo a few days ago. With 10,000 plus hours of large Jet time, training captain, etc, and having agreed to their requirement to fund my own type rating, I was naively expecting my application to get some sort of serious consideration. Instead I got an email back saying that at 61 I was too old for them, as I couldn't fly internationally at 65. I replied that this sounded like age discrimination to me, and I was going to make a report to the Age Discrimination Commissioner. This prompted a further email that I can only describe as an angry rant. It accessed me of threatening to sue them and that they would Blacklist me. This is a cut and paste from this email:

"The fact that a professional pilot has threatened to sue us instead of taking a graceful retirement from a flying role is noted and will be passed on at CEO level to all HR heads at major Australian operators therefore black banning you from Australian Aviation. Your Call
Have a great Day"

This seems all wrong to me. I could only call it bulling and intimidation. I also suspect this has opened the door to the legal issues of Defamation and Damages. I would be very interest to hear the opinions of anybody with legal training.

If anybody thinks this post is just sour grapes, then I can assure them that, yes my grapes are definitively sour after this email, which prompted me to go ahead and file a formal Age Discrimination complaint. Will update this post with developments there.

I get no pleasure from slagging-off an operator that is providing valuable jobs to Australian pilots, but it seems to me, their HR department is clearly out of control.