PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALDERNEY
Thread: ALDERNEY
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2014, 18:16
beaufort1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Aurigny wanted to axe the ACI-SOU route they wouldn't be buying Dorniers, now would they?
I don't follow.

They are halving the number of aircraft and intend to add an additional route. How long is the GCI/LCY/GCI going to take? Three hour round trip, realistically? If that is designed for business types out of Guernsey that is going to be six hours out of the day taken up just on that one route, if there is an early flight and a late flight. So for a major part of the day they are left with a couple of Dorniers to service ACI/SOU, ACI/GCI, GCI/DNR and I'm not sure what the situation is with Blue Islands and the code share agreement between JER/GCI. Add in technical problems and something has to give. I'm probably missing something, perhaps they intend to run the Tris alongside the Dorniers until they can get hold of some more Dorniers, and then withdraw the Tris.

I've already had personal experience this year of not being able to travel; this well in advance, due to lack of capacity and I know of at least one sporting event in Alderney that has had to be cancelled due to lack of seats this year. Local residents have a right to be concerned.