PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reserved Seating Allocation and Minors
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2014, 17:03
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mixture its a health and safety thing dictated by some safety officers.

The lifting of things can also get a bit silly. Ie you need a safety hazard assessment to pick up a fire extinguisher.

It basically covers the company against being sued for certain industrial injury's.

I ask a simple question in a reasonable manner
Depends when you ask it, I suggest you don't do it while they are shutting the doors and trying to get off stand. But leave it to later, maybe when they have finished the service. It also makes a difference if your moving while you ask it ie complying or your sat cross armed making no effort to move.

They won't do it unless there is a reason. But if they have told you to move its not optional and asking a question isn't going to change the fact your going to have to move.

And it will get more and more of it driven by the legal types as air rage is on the increase and the softly softy isn't working. There are folk now trying it on suing for emotional stress just watching when something kicks off from 5-6 rows away.

I ask a simple question in a reasonable manner, and you wave the ANO and threaten the police and a criminal record.
Oh how dramatic, and very unrealistic.

Before the captain appears on the scene there needs to be an escalation but when they do appear it will be short and sweet. So I would be very surprised if asking one question would result in that initial answer. By the time the captain turns up its about 95% certain your off, if you refuse then its your choice if you want to discuss it with the police. The police will not listen to anything you say they will remove you.

It also depends on if the person your asking thinks its reasonable, asking the question isn't going to change what's going to happen so why bother asking it?