PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About OML and OSL restrictions
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2014, 14:23
Alda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question About OML and OSL restrictions

Hi gals and guys !

I have been reading the PPrune forums since a few years, but this is the 1st time I post in a thread here so I guess I have to present myself before explaining the problem.

I am a French CPL pilot, with all the blessed sacraments and a valid class 1 since 2007. Last year I have been diagnosed a problem, which cause me to get my class 1 refused for three months. Now, I got my licence back with an OML restriction to my class 1, and an OSL restriction to the class 2. This is probably permanent restriction, even if I am not sick nor have any symptoms. I have total normal life and can do sports. (they used the umbrella rule, I mean the precautionary principle ).

I read all the OML subjects in this forum, but find only partial answers to my questions so I'm trying to find some more help.

I have some relative experience, but nearly zero hours in real JAR25 multicrew operating : five years and 450H as FAF combat system officer on fighter jet, and about 550H doing some aerial work, instruction and my training courses.

Considering all that I invested (training for CPL-IR/MCC, FI, time, money, etc.), and of course a 20 year's passion, would it be realistic to believe I can fly again and get paid for this ? I obviously can't work anymore in solo crew jobs nor in instructing since the condition are very restrictive for an ATO to employ me.

Also I have been recently refused to an airline selection because of the OML restriction : this german airline doctor told us that the airline must have a third pilot to get me flying with my restriction, which I do not understand. OML only require a second fully qualified pilot, so this 2d pilot could be the TRI captain during the AEL, couldn't he ?
Is it a german rule which is more restrictive than the Aircrew, or did I misinterpretated the part MED statements ?

Thank you for reading this "pavé", any information or advice would be appreciated since I'm feeling lost in what decision to take.

I am open to constructive critics so feel free to post if it's pertinent.

Cheers

Last edited by Alda; 19th Jul 2014 at 19:29. Reason: Forgot word :)