PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reserved Seating Allocation and Minors
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2014, 13:12
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I most certainly don't disagree with that PAXboy.

The people that are most in the know I have found are oil workers.

They get a full briefing by the company about being on duty when being transported to their place of work. And the apply strict rules about their conduct. Failure to comply is instant dismissal.

I have seen one airline implement a zero tolerance policy, the first month it resulted with quite a few off loads and police involvement. Then word got about and it was much better for everyone concerned pax included.

After that pax numbers started increasing. The vast majority of pax appreciate a safe secure environment. So even though they had to pay more they avoided the cheaper alternative who had all the plonkers onboard.

Which is why a firm response pays dividends. People don't want to sit in planes full of drunks being loud and the vast majority are definitely on the side of crew when they are asked to move seat for an obvious reason like getting a child with a parent and they start getting stroppy or required to move from the exit row.

The UK does have a problem with Air rage. It is cultural. From what I can tell its to do with this "respect" concept linked to the perceived social status of the person in relation to the CC.

It would be interesting though if someone pulled the statistics both of the pax and the CC involved with the incidents.

For me if you have a Geordie or Leeds CC on-board you can have the hardest and ruffest bunch of pax on board you like. Never any problems. Why? mainly because they have a don't mess with me aura from the moment the pax come on board the aircraft. You can't train that, they just have it.