PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetgo - have they gone?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2014, 12:06
Copythisnumberdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Earlier this year, SkyWest Airlines COO Chip Childs told me the widely predicted demise of the 50-seater has been overstated because operators will be able to negotiate new, lower-cost rates when their current leases expire. Republic's attempt to do so even earlier could provide an early indication of what is really possible.
I think that quote alone ( even though this article was in 2011) says Jetgo know their market. back in Sky Air World Days they paid well over $400 000 a month for a EMB170 which can be leased now for $160 000 month. ERJ's being parked and retired by ACMI operators such as Republic, whom no longer can make a living out of such low rates to the majors are a bonus to operators like Jetgo that can pick these airframes up for way under market rates... All Jetgos fleet are still only 10 years old and one of their fleet only has 5000 TT hours VS some of the 20 yr old plus 40 000 hr plus hours of their " supposed opposition" turbo props.... know who Id prefer to fly for and with if I were the travelling public