PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2014, 11:56
crescoboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aus & NZ Pilots. What to do?

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.

Im just wondering what to do from here . Currently living in Perth, originally from NZ. I was a loader driver in Ag Ops back in NZ, was dead set on becoming an Ag Pilot since the age of 5. Went through my flight training etc, came back to loading and then witnessed a crash off the end of the strip where I lost one of my best mates. Just thought I'd fill you in on that to stop the guys who would normally say "well you should have done some research on the aviation industry before getting into it". Ag is no longer for me, as much as I've tried to get over that

Anyway. I've got 300TT. Have just done my multi. Tried getting into survery work but the companies I have talked to all have their fleet on the ground as no one is doing any exploration.

Im pretty keen to get into skydiving. Originally from Taupo, so to end up there dropping meatbombs would be ideal, I guess as a stepping stone before getting into a multi somehow and then on to Eagle etc. Pretty sure thats the only option ultimately.

Just looking for some advice as to where to go from here. My non-aviation related job is finishing up in october. Do I move home to NZ to try suss some work or best to stick here? Perth doesn't seem to offer much as Im not an instructor.

Any help is appreciated.

Happy landings.

Crescoboy