PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Law exam with ZERO hours flying
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2014, 10:33
SouthendPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel your pain.

I'm about 30 hours in now, when I first picked up the Airlaw book and did some mock tests I thought I had no chance. None of it made any sense.

This is what I did... read the book first! Sounds obvious, but its a pretty dry subject and very tempting to skip or skim sections. You'll read sections and feel like its just not going in and get despondent, but you'll be surprised how much you digest. So, read it cover to cover before doing anything, maybe twice. Even if you feel like you're not 'getting it' straight away.

Then, I bought an old PPL confuser from Ebay, not cheap, about £40 and people say its a little out of date, but half the challenge is getting used to the way the questions are worded and the confuser really helped me with that, and I didn't notice anything that was not relevant or out of date.

Do a few tests from the Confuser, write down the ones you get wrong, read the explanations and retest yourself. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

I tried Airquiz but I found the questions to be worded quite differently to the actual test, or the confuser. I discovered pplcruiser.co.uk recently, I used that to study for R/T. Passed that with 85% after just a weekend of studying, it was a big help. Much better than Airquiz.

As for waiting until you've got some hours under your belt, it might make it easier to understand some of the language but I don't think it does any harm at all starting on it now. You know what they say, train hard, fight easy!

Good luck! Its all well worth the effort.