PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH to take over or merge with SR?????
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2003, 13:37
Aviatrix69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderatar (cool name due to a typing error of mine)

could you please explain to me, what the good deal proposed by AD was? To sign the B-CLA, which would have put 700 of our Pilots at the end of the common seniority list and would have given the chance to downsize the loss-making long-haul right away? You are right, it would have been nice for the company and Aeropers in order to correct their mistakes without sheding one drop of their blood.
So I fully understand and support the actions of SWISS PILOTS, as they have - as well as Aeropers - protected the working places of their members. And I also support the Swiss Express, but only if all sh-fleet - this means the A320 as well - are included.

I am not envious of the ex-Swissair drivers, who are to snatch a small goodie on >100'000 CHF in addition to their pension fund of 3.6 mio CHF each. At the time I started with Crossair I had seen our salary list and I can live happily ever after with that. But I have also seen the clauses about seniority in my contract, and this will be important.

You probably do not know yet, but the court will rule in our favour. We do not need a knight in shining armour, thanks, we have a basel-based court of arbitration, that's quite enough.

And about the main topic of the tread: I allocate more intelligence to LH as to be willing to take over the entire Swiss. And Swiss will not let go of their slave-fleet to another competitor, as then they would even make bigger losses by loosing too many of their 58% transit pax. Feels like a bad déjà-vu!