PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Add on help required please.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2014, 08:11
Yesterdazed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multi Add on help required please.

Heya,

I was hoping to get some advice on acquiring a ME-IR add on to my DGCA CPL.

I have a ME-IR FAA CPL and SE-IR DGCA CPL. I had done my training on the BE-76 and when i came back to the country to convert my license, it was no longer accepted so i just converted the SE part of it.

Currently looking for a good school to go and do the 10 hours of flight time on a PA-34 in the states preferably, since it is so expensive in India.

Couple of questions:

-I am no longer recent with my flying (both VFR & IFR), of course, so will I have to get recent first and then undergo my training? I'm going to guess yes, right?

-I have to renew my RTR (A) as well since it expires this year and I passed in the batch just prior to the "lifetime" rule... Now I've done 20+ hours in Baramati for my SE recency. Will the 30 hours rule apply to me even though I am doing these remaining 10 hours in another country? or will I have to give Part 1 again?

-Could someone recommend a school for the above training that isnt too strict with their "programs" and would allow me to pay for exactly what i need and not the extra things that are part of these said "programs" ? This is a longshot, the primary thing is the quality of training and their operation.

I've got some more questions but I'll wait for these to be answered first.

Thanks in advance for the help.