PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G1000 torque gauge question.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2014, 22:38
lilflyboy262...2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At no point was I referring to the blue bug. I totally understand what the blue bug is.

I am asking about the red line.

It's interesting that I you have touched on quality training. Two different countries and a sim course at Pan Am and climb torque was never touched on.

I've done a little more reading and thankfully I never hit the tq climb limits on any of the past machines due to not flying high enough for it to become a factor. Not many people take a caravan up to 18,000 I guess, hence the need to never talk about it. And my time in king airs... the things were so old and full of holes that it would could never fly higher than 18,000 anyway.

I've asked a few other PT6 drivers across different machines and they all say the same thing. Keep bumping the powers up as the tq reduces and staying below ITT or Ng limits. All of them fly steam gauge aircraft.

I've obviously learned from this mistake, but now rather than just continue with monkey read, monkey do.... I would like to know what causes the tq limit to reduce with altitude?

Last edited by lilflyboy262...2; 16th Jul 2014 at 22:52.