PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2014, 21:33
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA made two strategic 'boo-boo's: one, by underestimating the Senators intelligence, sense of purpose, unity and integrity; then further infuriating them, dismissal by open contempt is not a recommended option. Compounding this error is the assumption that they, CASA, are indeed 'above the law'. Secondly, they grossly underestimated the anger and hostility from industry, arrogantly choosing only to hear what their selected handmaidens, Casaphile's and Casasexuals told them.
Agreed. However the reason CAsA took the Mickey bliss out of the Senators is because they know the system, and figured that after decades of being slapped with wet lettuce leaves nothing will stick. Now if the Senators have proof, tangible evidence that Fort Fumble have been lying or bullying then the Senators may be in a position to finally have the last laugh? A small victory perhaps, claiming a scalp, but one scalp on the mantle piece is better than none I say! But solid proof is what would be required and I don't believe that two contempt jurisdiction requests would be tabled if the Senators had nothing more robust than the verbal ramblings of the IOS or some tendentious blogs read on Pprune? Perhaps they do have some written evidence? A video tape or a recording? Maybe a missing document that didn't exist now exists and has magically appeared??? After all, aviation is a mysterious industry. This may turn into a battle Royale, a winner takes all cage match.... Ding ding Senators and lets get ready to rumbbbbbbbbbble..... Oh dear, someone could truly get wodgered over this..

Tick Tock Mr Truss. Tick Tock.

Last edited by 004wercras; 16th Jul 2014 at 21:36. Reason: Admiring NX's hairstyle. I actually really like it!