PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how about this for a bad day
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2003, 11:06
snooze_ya_lose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mentaleena

Yes, I had my hand slapped as well. Something about not having a go at fellow PPRuNers. Seems somewhat OTT, but there you go. Don't get me started on that one....

Anyway...

twistedenginestarter

If you must quote me, do it properly. You will note that my post had a on the end of it. This is the standard internet way of saying (in this case) "I am just winding you up", which I would have thought you (and the moderators here) would have understood. I'm sure 411A understood it- didn't you, my fine colonial chum...??? Probably why he didn't get all angry and respond in kind. It seems others had a sense-of-humour failure.

but you must appreciate there was a time when as a pilot you sometimes had to negotiate the price of a load of fuel (and carry a pocket full of cash to buy it) and when you would have to fly for 10 hours manually because the autopilot wasn't working etc etc
I do appreciate it, mainly because I have done it (and for a long time too). If you look at my other posts on the thread, you will (hopefully) see that I broadly agree with 411A. All in a days work.