PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - That's no way to treat a lady - the Boeing 787 Display at Farnborough
Old 16th Jul 2014, 14:38
Centaurus

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
That's no way to treat a lady - the Boeing 787 Display at Farnborough

Just saw a You Tube of the Boeing 787 displaying its flying characteristics at Farnborough. While a most impressive display of handling at low altitude I must admit to being rather uncomfortable at the manoeuvres flown by the test pilot. Granted it could be the camera angle.

The rotations seemed savage and the initial climb angle so steep as to be cowboy flying particularly as what seemed to be a marked bunt from high angle to flap retract angle. I certainly did not like the second take off on the film where the pilot whipped into a very low level right climbing turn within seconds of another savage rotation rate.

Of course it might just be my personal reaction after memories of long past air shows where over-enthusiastic test pilots have pulled that much too hard and gone in like a bomb.

By all means show off the beautiful lines of the Boeing 787 with a fast low run but none of this yanking and jerking please. That's no way to treat a lady. Leave the hack-flick-zoom to fighter displays.

Last edited by Centaurus; 16th Jul 2014 at 14:49.