PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lake Evella crash findings
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2003, 08:46
wattajoke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L_H_R,

Firstly, PPRUNE is an open site and access is not only to those within the Aviation Industry, hence mine and many others' posts. If we feel the need to post our opinions expressing the loss of a family member / friend / colleague etc. who WAS in the Aviation Industry it is our right to express our opinion, regardless of how YOU see it.

I fail to see what difference reading MAINFRAME's post will make today, or in one year's time or in five years time for that matter. It is also in your eyes that you see his words as 'words of wisdom'

You say, if you were in my position you would respond in the exact same manner - lets hope you don't have to go through similar circumstances. Perhaps then you may understand where I am coming from in regard to my original post
The answers regarding Rob's inquest have been brought forward and that is that, but as you are aware, my original post was extended not to say whether Rob was right, wrong or otherwise, but to bring to people's attention that there ARE people outside of the Aviation Industry (i.e family) who read these posts and to be mindful of them.

You say "to someone who is not emotionally involved it seems reasonably clear what happened" - once again that is your opinion (speculation). I hardly see what phoning you to discuss our different outlooks would make, we both are obviously pretty set in our ideas and my post came from a genuine, caring place - my heart, not my ego!

I do agree that the discussion of this topic will save lives and be read by many young aviators as well as Non-Aviators. It seems that alot have formed their opinions and so be it - everyone has the right to their own opinion - but once again please be mindful of Rob's family.