PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2014, 08:23
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
syfly

You can request up to 4 days off per month but obviously they will come out of your monthly day off allowance. They are given out in seniority order as far as I am aware so if two of you RDO the same day off then the more senior gets it, you get the gist. You can also freeze a duty if you have a school play to go to in the evening and you're on an early etc etc, but only one of those per month.

You should be allocated your base upon job offer, there are no secrets here, no underlying tactics. You will do the type conversion in Exeter in the Flybe Training Academy and you will be put up in the hotel. Expect a week of induction, three weeks ground school and ten simulator sessions of 4 hours each. All in all from joining the company to starting line training expect approximately 7 weeks (including your days off and license issue). As for pay; we are not some ryanair type cowboy outfit, you will be paid from day one and all your expenses during training will be covered and you will not be expected to pay anything. Your line training will endeavour to be rostered from your home base but could be done from any of the bases. The company will put you up in a hotel if you are away from base.

Firm tickets are only given after 4 years of service. You get 2 firm tickets for travel at the same time, so basically for you and spouse. If you have children they can go as well. As for booking, if you try and book them outside a month of travel you will get told to call back. Technically they are not firm tickets because if they were you'd be able to book them whenever you wanted and on whatever flight you wanted. You are also not guaranteed to get the seat you want so planning a holiday inside school holidays is next to impossible. You are always told to call again closer and closer to your departure date. This in effect means they are as good as a standby ticket.
As for standby tickets, you can travel on your own as many times a year on standby on the Flybe network, your friends and family can travel ten times. I think this is about right, someone else may clarify. I have never used staff travel in 7 years with the company.

Absolutely no jump seat commuting allowed unless the company want to position you and the plane is full.

Syfly, any more questions then feel free to ask. I hope it helps.