PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lake Evella crash findings
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2003, 06:31
wattajoke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Lilsis and Papa - Well done for getting on line and explaining how Rob's accident and the surrounding issues really were/are. It's easy for everyone to speculate, but as you say there is 'only one person' who would be able to tell what happened that day, but unfortunately his beautiful soul and lovable presence is unable to do so.

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower - I have bitten my tongue thus far - not anymore - " I hope you never lose someone who is close to you in such tragic circumstances and have to read such SPECULATIONS as you have posted. Were you there at the time of the accident? - NO! " Which once again takes me back to the 'speculations' scenario. It's easy to sit at arms length and tap away at the keys till your heart's content, but has that heart ever lost someone precious? Consider the family and friends who have!

Rob enjoyed his time at Lake Evella and talked often of the many friends and extended family he made whilst there. His life was full of adventure and he crammed so very much into that short life. You hear people say " He wouldn't have wanted to go any other way " and I have to agree, but for his family to have to endure the lies, deceit, manipulations and speculations over the last couple of years has only made the grieving process all the more difficult. This family have been a tower of strength to those who knew and loved Rob, even in their darkest moments they have drawn on a strength from only God knows where, to ensure everyone else is "doing ok" For that, I thank them - it has helped me in ways no-one could ever understand or appreciate.

Finishing up - How about the author's of the speculative posts be mindful of this beautiful family who are doing everything in their power to move forward as best they can. It's not a big ask and I feel that any of you who knew Rob, would know this would be what he'd want for his family.