PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How could BA short haul improve?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2014, 16:56
kirungi1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ancient Observer

The growth in the recent past which BA have had to "manage" is interesting. The Ezy's and Ryans have not actually crippled BA. They crippled the Charter sector.Anyone remember charter airlines - the ones that used to grab all the growth?
This is a great observation, as a matter of fact, new customers have preferred aviation than railways et la in the recent past thanks to low cost carriers.

My response to the final third of #33 above. With all your personal power - will, imagination and self awareness - I sowed a good seed in a field but an enermy came and sowed darnel all among the wheat. When the new wheat spouted and ripened the darnel appeared as well, when & how would I have to weed out the darnel?
In your own words, "So what is BA? So what should BA do? And, going back to the question, what should it do about short haul? "

BA has realised how infected the wheat is. Do you risk weeding when the wheat is young - you might uproot the wheat together with the darnel as darnel is false wheat and besides it might affect the roots of the good wheat.
BA has the will and self awareness and look at it's position with the TUs and labour contracts. I have to admit BA did mistakes in the past and will in the future, who doesn't?

So, IMHO time will tell. These variables in aviation are there for all the operators except they knock when you least expect them and it's my firm belief that BA will triumph.

Last edited by kirungi1; 16th Jul 2014 at 07:31.