PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reserved Seating Allocation and Minors
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2014, 16:15
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most don't understand how much the things that are taken as normal rights are null and void after stepping through the first line of security at an airport until they step out the door at the end of travel.

I must have gone through the argument on the discrimination act 5-6 times over the last 12 years about disabled access rights on aircraft. It always gets trumped by the ANO.

CAP 393: Air Navigation: The Order and the Regulations | Publications | About the CAA

Here it is for those that want to wade through it.

And there is a small legion of people out there that have half a clue about aircraft operations who will be more than happy to report any breaches to the authorities. You never know who is in the back.

I had a post flight discussion with a pax about wx in the terminal while he waited for a taxi and I had a cup of coffee and some leading questions about the navigational aids at the airport and the effect of down grading the ILS to a lower standard of approach aid would have. And the fact he wouldn't have been there if we hadn't had it as we had just landed in 600m and got the lights at 200ft bang on mins.

Turned out he was the minister of transport for the country in question and the ILS remained.