PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2014, 15:35
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmmmm where to start......

In direct pilot costs before additional government social cost there is not that much difference in 'core' cost that can't be justified by the higher cost of living.

Yes the Helsinki offer was pathetic and full credit to those that said NO, i have recently had copied to me a 'english' copy of the contract which on first reading appears to be a reasonable offer which i understand the union is recommending and the withdrawn roster flexibility is back in place.

Of course the company will try and achieve the lowest costs and it is up to the pilots to join ranks to ensure a fair deal, but placing everyone on core contract employment terms just isn't going to happen, especially when we include cabin crew.

Long term the result will likely be 'A' scale & 'B' scale IMHO

I'm very surprised that any new joiner has been told that they will join core??

I have not once heard that, i have been told 2 -3 years for a permanent contract, what ever that means, but not core, we have so many Scandinavian non core pilots that the chance of anyone getting core is frankly nil anytime soon, equally these people are living a nomadic lifestyle that for many is not sustainable long term.

No easy answers, Norwegian probably needs to slow it growth to allow LF & in turn yield improve,