PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOI into the 2012 Tornado Collision over the Moray Firth
Old 15th Jul 2014, 05:26
dervish

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
A lot of this goes over my head but chug got it right in an earlier post. There are some who start attacking the individual if they don't like the facts. It doesn't help but says a lot.

Suggesting that TCAS would not have prevented the accident, either through ignorance of its function or deliberate omission of some basic facts, doesn't strike me as a particularly robust line of argument!
What DV did was quote an entry in an MoD risk register which anticipated no projected change after TCAS has been fitted. Now you've pointed it out, will MoD change the register? That is the issue, not DV quoting what MoD claim.

Also, easy street, you floated the idea that CWS may be too expensive to integrate and tuc offered a reasonable answer (which I recognise from the Mull of Kintyre evidence.) I wonder if tuc's answer came as a surprise to anyone in MoD, which would explain a lot about why we are where we are.

I think we're losing sight of the thrust of the thread. Guys died and MoD told porkies about when the kit that may have prevented it could have been in the aircraft. A fatal accident inquiry is needed.