PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2014, 04:53
T F O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tigerfish,

your recent posts are inaccurate and bordering on insulting to the hardworking TFO's and pilots working within NPAS.
Your implying we don't have an effect on crime and are incapable of catching criminals.
You are implying the TFO's are not trained properly and are incapable of getting the best from the aircraft.
Your implying we don't sit listening to the radios and scanning the logs looking for jobs and running out to the aircraft and the earliest opportunity.
Your implying that when my friends and colleagues are in trouble I can't be trusted to get to them as soon as possible to help them and make a difference.
You seem to think that we are incapable of providing the courts with photographic evidence when required yet the cameras we use are more capable than ever and if needs be the officer can have a digital image sent to them within minutes of landing or in the near future emailed directly from the aircraft.
In your day it was wet film!
You say that since NPAS the number of requests we get has plummeted but I've seen no evidence of this in the area I work. In fact the area as a whole gets a better service than ever.

Do you really think you cured ram raiding and joy riding?
I think it's more to do with concrete bollards and the fact you can't start a modern car with a screwdriver but hey what do I know I'm only a TFO!

I understand it's the job of a retired officer to swing the lamp and I'm sure I will get there one day but for now please think a bit harder before putting down the people you used to work alongside who are doing their best for the people they serve.

T F O