PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any reason for an EK Airbus captain not to take this job
Old 15th Jul 2014, 04:21
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Sky Mark is a Japanese domestic operator whose main experience has been with B 737s.

They recently introduced the A 330 and it's been a disaster.

Exactley how they are going to operate the A 380 profitably is a mystery, so I would put significant lack of job security as a big factor.

I've worked in Japan, and it is vey different.

It usually takes a foreign pilot with experience on type about a year to qualify, after a harrowing series of checks and an " astronaught" style medical.

As the first operator of the A380 in the country, Imsimply can't imagine the kind of hoops the JCAB will expect the company and it's pilots to jump through.

Then there's the money- US 8000 for an A380 captain? That's about base for a first year EK FO, and that's AFTER you qualify.You won't score much over time unless you sell your days off.

Where will you travel to on your days off? I believe the choice is the absolute cheapest fare the company can get, regardless of travel,time, or $500 in lieu.

I have several friends flying the 737 with skid mark. It's an OK job with not every good pay, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to leave EK to go there.

The Chinese contracts beat it n almost every aspect.