PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your thoughts please
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2003, 04:34
CAP509castaway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just noticed this posting and thought you may be interested in the following . I was recently chatting to another Ppruner in a similar position to yourself.He was an Oxford BA sponsored cadet who was chopped at the end of his line training on the Airbus A320. He found that no airline was able to offer him employment because he had low hours -around 300 total time due to the problems of obtaining insurance.
So, I would offer the same advice to you as I did to him. Firstly you need to increase your total time and do so in aproductive manner and try to do this part time by instructing.I was in aposition where I couldn't get aflying job and once you have some instrucing hours under your belt you will start to become more employable. Being in a flying club also allows you to network and find out who is recruiting before the job is advertised.
Have you got yuor MCC this another thing to consider and you can use the King Air 200 sim to renew your IR which I did and found it reasonably staight forward after the MCC course.

Good Luck