PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2014, 00:03
Widebdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@RTO - Whilst I understand your frustration i don't think calling anyone a is going to achieve anything constructive.

@Captplaystation -agree with most of what you say.

@LNIDA- the notion you "agency Pilots" are somehow subsidising core contracts is grossly wrong in my opinion. I have never heard a core pilot apart from perhaps a manger say that hiring contractors is good. In fact in my time in the core area a massive majority of them indicated that the agency conditions and lack of a CLA was a disgrace they wanted urgently addressed.Your suggestion that we are subsidising them is wrong and without foundation in my opinion, NAS has been operating and paying for its Pilots for a long time long before any base opened in Spain or the UK.

You have to remember that Scandinavia is different to our EU bubble. Scandinavians fly a lot internally and externally, everything is more expensive in Norway including flying so yes the staff cost more in Oslo but that is reflected in the price a Scandinavian passenger is willing to pay. It is all relative. (By the way my info is SAS have no issue with their Pilots pay and in fact recently spoke with unions about improving the bottom of the scale, their big problem is the huge number of office staff, which if fixed would see them make a decent profit).

Like Captplaystation says NAS is a good company but they are a business and they themselves do not sugar coat it. Ryanair used to be a nice place to work with decent pay too - don't for one second be naive enough to think that NAS or any business will not decrease terms and conditions if they can. At the end of the day business is business.

What is happening with BALPA at LGW? Are people joining or are they just assuming things will only get better?