PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Asia for sale
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2014, 23:08
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Back slaps and bonuses all round.
If true - and one can only hope...

1) Giving up probably shows just how bad the finances are

2) Wirthless (or someone equally as inexperienced and shifty) will be working on draft press releases something along the lines of 'After a successful launch and decade long history of assisting more than 120m passengers travel the globe, it has been decided the time is ripe to maximise the Group's Return on Investment by selling its share in Jetstar xxxx (insert losing venture name here) to xxxxx of (Chinese/Sin govt?) and continue to focus on our core business (losing money?). Obviously this success did not come overnight and the amaaaazzzzing business owes much to xxx, xxxx, xxxx and xxxx without whose help none of this would be possible'

Of course a successful sale means not a write down, but a profit (especially of such a successful business) and obviously more bonuses.

However they extract their idiot selves (and the long suffering staff with them) it would be at least something positive. I am deeply concerned about how little is left and what can be done with it to fix the 15 year history of total mismanagement, but here's hoping.

After 5 years of 'they know what hey are doing', 5 years of 'are they really that stupid?' And five years of 'these idiots should be shot!!!' It is very nice to finally see a rumour of a sensible decision. I think it is the first positive thing I have heard of QF doing in about that time.... Is it too late?? What has made blind Freddy finally see?