PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 14th Jul 2014, 20:14
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's interesting Dougie, I did not go to JATE till mid 90s.

So do I assume the mines were on skid boards and chocked like ME one Tons. AA62 mentions shed loads of Skydel rollers hence my association with the leaflet or MRE tri wall boxes. Perhaps the floor loading demanded more roller.

I thought the blue torpedo in 47 Trg Wg over by the Dak at Lyn was more akin to the US Daisy Cutter despatch method. It looked longer than the aircraft was wide.

Do you know if any of this is documented in the public domain. I have recently been reading Euen Southby Tailyour about Harrys proposed exploits in the South Atlantic. Harry will certainly be at RIAT.

I had several trips to YPG and Laguna Parachute test facility where they still had the trials kit for the Kistler launcher. This was similar to the daisy cutter in concept but much heavier. If I recall correctly it was similar to our PURIBAD concept in that once extracted the payload separated from a Type V platform and did its stuff.

Oddly that project; ran out of Irvin California was manned by Ex UK Air Despatchers probably of the same vintage as your Pete E.

Smudge, Thanks for the info on the Daisy Cutter during GW1. I was unaware of this. My knowledge of the Daisy Cutter was from reading books about Vietnam.

Drag.