PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking hard about Emirates
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2014, 18:13
TangoUniform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KCW,
Even if you were eligible, size of a.c. wise, you would be ruining your career path coming here, IMHO. If you want to go the 121 route, I believe this time next year, depending on a few factors, the legacy and major cargo 121 carriers will be begging for people with your experience. At some, you will be making 120 your second year and flying a big jet to who knows where. Additionally, your upgrade here now will be at least 5 plus years and that's what the recruiters are telling prospects.

Could you do 20 years here? That's another big question. And the IRS will be looking over your shoulder. So take the advice of those that have posted, most are saying stay right where you are. I too, would trade places with you in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

So think looooong and hard about coming to the big three here in the ME. The managements will change your terms and conditions with the continued shifting sands. You ready to do 90 hours across multiple multiple time zones usually during the back side of the clock? Your call....

Last edited by TangoUniform; 15th Jul 2014 at 03:47.