PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go-around at LHR this morning (14 Jul)?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2014, 17:35
mhk77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only reason I mentioned the number of years I've been an ATCO, sleeve wing, is because you implied in your initial post on this thread that I am not worthy of expressing an opinion on this a 'professional' forum.

Now, granted 12 years isn't 35years or 50+ years, but I do believe that has given me the right to express an opinion on this site. You don't have to agree with an opinion but that by the same token, nor do you need to respond in such a condescending or patronising manner.

I can only apologise if the subtlety of the point I was trying to make escaped you.

But as myself and a couple of others have suggested on this thread, if you don't want to be helpful or you think a question has been posted constantly, then just ignore it and move on.

I would bet that there is a sizable number of readers and posters on this forum who aren't 'professional' pilots or ATCOs. Maybe they're just amateur pilots with a PPL. Maybe they only play flight simulator games or just build model planes or whatever. But unless you want to create a PRIVATE forum solely for ATCOs or pilots, then try and be a little more patient and be glad that you can potentially be of help to someone who is showing an interest in a career and industry that you were or are lucky enough to be a part of and have been for over 50 years.