PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2014, 15:36
panda-k-bear
Bear Behind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re 'customer is king' - i witnessed a customer on the early LHR-MAN go apoplectic because he was not offered a full hot breakfast. Was he right? I have commuted weekly from Cornwall to LHR via National Express for many years. The journey take about seven hours during which i don't find it necessary to eat, drink or use the lavatory and guess what? Ive always arrived fit, healthy and in a good state of mind. Some pax can't seem to go from LHR to HAM with complaining about a lack of food or drink

May I offer a reply? As SLF, often travelling on business, I maybe able to give a little perspective - though going 'apoplectic' helps nobody. Very often I have to take a flight up first thing in a morning and fly back at night - so a day trip business meeting in another corner of Europe. Very often I won't have time for lunch, so I rely on BA to provide me with a decent breakfast to keep me going til I get back to the airport and have something in the lounge before my return. Some pax do rely on the breakfast to keep them going for the entire day. Just over a week ago I took a BA flight up to LHR from southern Europe - ironically for a meeting in Waterside - departing at silly-o'clock. For whatever reason, the catering had not been chilled and had spoiled - no food could be served. There was nothing. Not a thing. Not a biscuit or a bag of nuts. I had to keep going on a cup of tea and glass of water until about 5pm.

So there's the context of why some pax do get a bit upset at what you may see, on the surface, as somthing trivial.