PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking hard about Emirates
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2014, 14:56
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stone Cold and Mana,

I have to laugh at your comments. Why waste your time bullying me and others with your derisive comments?

This Falcon pilot wants to move to the ME to fly for an airline - but he is not eligible at this point because of his aircraft type and experience. Logically, he should consider a change if the ME is his absolute priority. If he wants to fly for an airline in the US, having experience on a Part 121 operation will help that effort too. It is not a requirement in the US, but it would likely be helpful and show his commitment to a 121 career path. So, flying for Republic temporarily (i.e., 1-2 years) on the E175 is one logical alternative if he wants to be more attractive to airlines in the US or in the ME (required to qualify for EK, EY and QR if those are his goals). Some US airlines like JetBlue, Spirit or Virgin America might take him right now given his jet time - but Middle Eastern carriers won't. Getting hired by Virgin America onto the A320 might be a good idea too since VA is based at SFO and could give him Airbus experience that would be valued by EK. If he really, really wants to fly for an airline in the ME, he needs to get experience in a larger aircraft type - that is a fact. He can take the advice or just leave it.

By the way, having spent time in California for part of my initial training, I know that $120K is equivalent to $40K salary elsewhere after taxes and sky-high living expenses. Leaving beautiful but ultra-expensive SFO will be great for his bank account too.

Last edited by Iver; 14th Jul 2014 at 16:25.