PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Severe Wake Turbulence Encounter Video
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2014, 14:08
3 Point

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Localflight,

This was undoubtedly a scary incident but I'm very glad to hear that you were able to move on and resume your flying training afterwards; best of luck with the rest of your flying career.

To those who have been critical of your instructor I'd say hold on a moment! Have you guys never made a mistake?!? Of course the instructor is there to keep you out of trouble but he is a human being flying an aeroplane, mistakes will happen! I imagine that you and he have discussed this incident and I'm sure he will have learned something from it. I hope he has put it behind him and moved on.

Biggest point of all is that I have learned from it and so have many others so well done for making it available; who knows how many people will eventually benefit.

To your instructor I'd say don't worry about small minded people who are so quick to criticise; often, the ones with the loudest voice are really not the most experienced or skilled individuals themselves. We all make mistakes and anyone who thinks they are immune from error is a dangerous pilot.

Keep flying and keep having fun!!

3 Point