PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MK incident at RAF base
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2003, 03:10
CR2

Top Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks, of course CAA can jump on anybody's aircraft and inspect etc. My point is that any CAA has to report to another CAA (ie UK CAA would not contact my airline, but my govt, telling my govt that my airline needs etc etc) ... So are you seriously telling me that UK CAA is going to get involved wasting their time in DGAC???? doubt it. Like Liberian registered ships....
On the other hand, I will agree that these guys seem to have a seriously easy time in the UK. A Zimbabwean company, flying Ghanaian registered aircraft, crew licences from ? flying out of the EU....
All that aside, have been told by a licensed mechanic who does NOT work for them or have anything to do with them, that their 74s are in pretty good shape. Not being a mechanic myself, I'll have to take his word for it.

Edit for OneWord22: If you're not a JAR operator, do you have to comply with JAR-OPS? Question, not a statement. FAA allow longer duty times that we have. If an FAA outfit would use our callsign (JAR compliant) they'd have to respect JARS. If an FAA outfit uses a US callsign, FARS would have to be respected. Correct me if I'm wrong....
ACMI48....you'd know.