PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking hard about Emirates
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2014, 22:25
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apply, see how you get on and see if you like Emirates once you've been interviewed. Treat the interview as much as a test for them as it will be for you. Once you commit, it will be difficult to walk away. A troll through archive posts on here should give you a fair view of life here in the UAE, not just in Emirates. There will be some that say stay but you should at least spend a few days here to see if it's something that will work.

What I will say though is that if you live in and around San Fran, I can't see why you'd want to leave. I wouldn't.

Harry

Just to add that don't come just for financial gain. You will make about $95,000 basic first year, net as no income tax. Another $12,000 in flight pay with transport provided in a car to and from work. Accommodation is provided with all bills paid. Meal allowances down route will pay for what they're designed for, meals and a few drinks. There are positives and negatives, I'm sure there'll be plenty on here soon offering the latter viewpoint.